Thursday, August 18, 2011

Susan Rowlands - Very Sad

A very sad press cutting contributed by Rosemary Webb Rehill

Susan Rowlands - she would have been 20 the next and was due to get engaged to






And Ralph Aldhous sent this cutting from the Birmingham Post


Ralph Aldhous
With reference to Sue Rowland. I was living in London at the time and I received this from my mother who asked me if I had known her. I cried. It seemed so cruel and such a waste.



Rosemary Webb Rehill 
She was getting engaged to Mick Humphries the next day. She had words with her mum and left in a huff. She hit another car head on by the Eagle and Serpent in Kinlet. I was with Sarah in Wales at the time. It was very very sad.


Sarah Williams - 
Mick was travelling from Bridgnorth worrying because Sue was late coming to meet him, and arrived at the scene of the accident. Tony Booton was, I believe one of the volunteer firemen from Cleobury who were called to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment