Monday, September 3, 2012

Games People Played - by Charles Joyce

Charles Joyce has come up with yet another creative contribution to the site as he takes a side-ways glance at a few of the games we played.

John Hesketh 1964 - Coventry Standard

Charles Joyce and Ian Woolridge playing Conquers 1966 

Charles Joyce playing Guitar - Games People Play wasn't quite out then!

There was a chess club - at least in the very early 60's


Dean Revell (The Fonz!), Steve Tearse, Ralph Aldhous, Alan Packham


















Trev Teasdel  Table Tennis was another indoor game. Peter Wan taught me to play the Chinese way - ie to hold the bat Pen holder style and do stunning spinners. It made all the difference! holding my bat the 'shake-hand' way, I didn't stand a chance against him, his spinners eluded me everytime but after he taught me the pen hold technique i quickly began to compete. He always had the edge on me but I gave a good challenge!

Here's a video explaining the technique -



Games People  - Joe South 1969



Indoor Games - King Crimson 1971



Games Without Frontiers - Peter Gabriel



Janet kay - Silly Games




No comments:

Post a Comment