Saturday, May 4, 2013

Photos from Colin Tattersall - 1951

Colin Tattersall (Mad Carue) -

Photos of the school from 1951- 
Colin says - 

"I found these pics as I was having a clean out they are I think 1950-1 on a educational trip to the south coast “Dorset” plus a couple of the school I am sorry that they are of such low resolution but that’s how it was in those days, I think Mr Lambley’s christian name was Derek. B Villiers was known as Titch Villiers.From what I remember Mr Lambley taught us French and Sports and was a thoroughly good sort."


John Lowe was deputy head and left the school c 1957 to become head at Willenhall Wood Junior school in Coventry.

Earlsdon House when the dorms were named after areas of Coventry.







Golden Cap is near Lyme Regis in Dorset.



2 comments:

  1. I was a student of Mr Lambley in 1955, he was a great guy but I can't recall what he taught. When I attended the school Mr Morris was headmaster.The school must have had a name for the smallest boy, when I was there it was "Tich" Hilliard. I was the next smallest. Lol.

    ReplyDelete